I've been meaning to write a post about Jason Schwartzman for quite a while, and now seems just as good a time as any. So here goes, 5 reasons why Jason Schwartzman is an all-round awesome dude.
1. He stars in great films: Think Rushmore and I Heart Huckabees, not to mention one of my favourites, Marie Antoinette
2. He is a part of the extraordinarily talented Coppola family: He is the nephew of Francis Ford Coppola, cousin of Sofia Coppola and Nicholas Cage, brother of Rooney singer Robert Schwartzman and grandson of Carmine Coppola. This family blows my mind!
3. He began his entertainment career as a musician: He was the drummer in Phantom Planet who played the OC theme song, California
4. He rolls with the likes of ex-girlfriend Zooey Deschanel, Kirsten Dunst, cousin Sofia Coppola and director Wes Anderson
5. And last but not least his one-man band Coconut Records is amazing. His first album combines folk, pop, rock, country and even a touch of jazz.
So Nicole Richie was snapped wearing these Pierre Hardy shoes throughout NY fashion week. And I can sort of understand why, I'm loving pretty much anything with bold zips at the moment. So I snooped around the internets and found that similar styles are in fact everywhere.
There's the Pierre Hardy's that Nicole wore, the zippy heels on the catwalk at Proenza Schouler and the Jimmy Choo's. Not to mention these infinitely cheaper ones by Siren.
In fact, Siren has gone slightly nuts with their SS08 range, with many a designer look rip off. I was slightly gobsmacked when I went to the website.
By now, pretty much everyone knows about MGMT. I know this all too well because I couldn't get tickets to their show. But far fewer people seem to know about their earlier stuff, some of it released under their former name, The Management.
While these EP's are not exactly comparable to Oracular Spectacular, they are worth checking out. There's a 14 minute song called Metanoia that is pretty epic. Plus heaps of less polished songs from before they hit the big time.
Just thought I'd share some photos from the summer collections of Aussie designers Alice McCall (top) and Lover (bottom). I love all of these pieces. Especially the zip dresses and the swimwear. Summmmerrr!