Monday, December 8, 2008

Sofia For Louis Vuitton

Sofia Coppola's capsule collection for Louis Vuitton was recently revealed in Tokyo, and a couple of photos have now surfaced.
 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

In an interview with WWD, Sofia revealed how the collaboration came about through a visit to the custom orders department at the Louis Vuitton factory. She says, "To start with I wanted to make a bag for myself and then we talked about making a little capsule collection. My friends and I are always searching for the perfect day bag.  It fits all your things but isn't too big and isn't too heavy. I wanted a bag that I could use every day that was coming from the heritage of Louis Vuitton’s great leather goods, not connected to the fashion side of the brand. We went through a lot of prototypes but it was fun. It was always exciting to get a new one and I would try them out and add things". 

Sofia's collection consists of slouchy duffle bags, clutches and wedge sandals, and will be available in March. 

The shoes don't particularly appeal to me but the bag and clutch are nice. They look simple and elegant, but still luxurious in terms of their details and materials. Very Sofia.

Photos: tFS

No comments: